Thursday, April 2, 2009

Patti Smith at Robert Miller Gallery

I didn't write much yesterday in the WMC post because although a lot happened, there's no way it could be transcribed in words. In an email to a friend about how it was down there in Miami I said, "Taxing and relaxing". I think that about covers it.

This eve my friend Peter Miller is hosting a party for Patti Smith at his gallery. Should be fun. I'm wearing my "art dress" again, the Marc Jacobs one I wore to the museum a few weeks back and to the Picasso opening at Gagosian last week, where I went specifically to ruffle feathers, but was awed, as always by the scope, depth and quality of work on display. He isn't the #1 art dealer for nothing, that Mr. G.

Last night Sebastien Tellier played at Le Poisson Rouge on Bleeker Street. I'm listening to his music now. All the cool guys I know love his music.

No comments: