Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Friday Minetta Tavern and Beatrice, Saturday Olivier and Sunday Williamsburg







Friday night I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, Alessandra, and we went to Minetta Tavern; the new restaurant from the Mc Nally brothers who own Pastis, Balthazar, and Schillers. I used to hang out with one of those brothers, would run into him everywhere, can't remember his name, but he said a few years ago he was moving to Asia, and I haven't seen him since. Gwendolyn joined us there for drinks. The bartenders were so great. Francois especially. Lots of celebs and models, old and young. Robert Banat, I guess one of the managers there, invited me to come by a few days before when I saw him having dinner on his day off.

Later met up with the French crew at Beatrice. Fun dancing. Drinking champagne all night long. Saturday Olivier cooked us dinner at his fab pad in the West Village. Such a cool guy. I adore him.

Saturday during the day went to Brooklyn to visit my family and Sunday went to Brooklyn too, Williamsburg, to hang with some old friends, Andrew and Dan. Both are unemployed right now and doing tons of creative things; collage, drawing, photography, music. Best thing to come out of this downtown; real creative expression.

No comments: