Thursday, April 9, 2009

Three openings, one night, at the Chelsea Art Museum











Three exhibitions opened last night; Mark Amerika (formerly shown at Tate), 12 Asian artists in a group show and two Mexican women artists. Mark Amerika made the first film on a cell phone. I loved the 12 Asian artists too. Jose Cuervo Tradicional sponsored the Mexican opening party. Apparently this was the tequila that Frida Kahlo drank. They sponsored her exhibition at the National Museum of Philadelphia last year. I restricted myself to two margaritas though the lovely Columbian producers of the event, Claudia and her two sisters, were definitely an enticement to have more.

Jean Miotte was there signing books. Power, of Wu Tang Klan fame, was there. He's the friend of Derrick, my intern. Finally there's a pic of his here. Tonight Che Lovelace opens at a lower east side gallery. I think I will write a review of his show for the M magazine.

No comments: