Friday, May 1, 2009

Belvedere Bash, Derrick becomes a Mason and Uri Back in Town
















There was a fun party in Soho the other day. Somebody from MH USA invited me and it was so much fun dancing. I had met up with Uri at Wallse earlier to catch up. He had spent 7 weeks in Israel and had a lot of good news re: his exhibitions and sales and interest from important gallerist.

Later I met up with Derrick my intern who had had dinner with a powerful group of men, including Mayor Bloomberg! who inducted him into the first stage of being a mason. I know this old world stuff sounds esoteric, but it's definitely still happening. There were guys from other high level positions in the city there and Derrick brought some of them by to the after party for the Tribeca film fest which my friend Christian was throwing in a loft downtown and where this one guy was breaking it up on the dancefloor.

No comments: